Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Crafters/Rant

Okay. So... After reading Kat's blog and my response, I guess I might as well write one also. This is what I wrote for her blog response:

Personally, from what I've seen... People prefer either to do it themselves or to just buy it so they don't have to spend money they don't have or do have (which ever is their preference) to get what they want.

My mom does a lot of plastic canvas and she said that they're not going to be doing a lot of that (meaning companies aren't going to be supplying it as much anymore) and they're's not enough patterns out there for plastic canvas that she can do anymore. She can't do the 10 count because it's too small and she has carpoltunnel and arthritis in her hands and she can't do that cross-stitch stuff anymore either. She told me when we were in Jo-Ann's that she's running out of patterns because she's done them all already (I don't know if I've already said that) and now she has to do something else.

I don't know. Maybe it's just me. But I guess homemade stuff isn't good enough for people anymore because they're already buying it the way it came. (Which is fine in some cases... Most people don't have enough time and etc)

Plus, if a crafter is going to sell their stuff, they have to account for the taxes and how much they want and/or going to get out of it. If they over-price items, then they're not going to get anything for it, but if they under price it, I guess it could go either way.

I don't know. I guess that's just MY opinion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe it's just me or something. I know people like to cook and people will buy food. Homemade food is good (Especially grandma's cookies!)
Maybe store bought saves time and the trouble of doing it ourselves because America's gotten lazy. It's not back in the olden days where people actually had to get off their ass and manually turn the TV off without the clicker, or that they got three square meals a day or that they didn't have video games back then. Or even, God forbid! EXERCISE!
Yeah. Life sucks and then you die. Big deal. Back then people had it right. Technology's made people lazy (But it's helpful, too. I'm not anti-technology. I'm anti-stupid people).
Good God, people.

~Rio

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I mean, the internet's helped us connect to each other easier, but it's also putting the u.s. post office out of business, and that's how I usually ship a lot of the things I send out to folks.

    And cell phones? In an average commute to work, I easily see at least 5 or 6 drivers chatting away on their phones as they're driving. Is it safe? Frag no! Do they care? Nope! Would I like to pull their stupid asses over, and sledgey their phones to smithereens? Fruc yes! Would that teach them not to do that? Nope, they'd just go out and buy another phone and do it all again til they're in a car accident that cripples and/or kills them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my personal thought is that anybody who wasn't a safe driver to begin with and they talk on the cell phone, they deserve to die (I know that's a horrible thing to say, but it's true). They're putting other people at risk and they all deserve to die.

    ReplyDelete