Sunday, March 9, 2014

How Do I + Nickelback

How Do I?

How do I tell you the truth
When it could hurt us both?
I don’t want to lose you
Over what I have to say

Will you hate me?
Will you look at me less?
I wonder what your reaction will be

You’re my best friend
I don’t want that to change
You’re finally happy
Or am I assuming?
If I don’t you my truth
Maybe you won’t be my friend anymore

I guess you could say
I’m more than afraid of rejection
And losing my best friend
More than anything

I’m afraid
I’m afraid of telling you
What I have to say

Here it goes
Deep breath
Can I do this?
Do you want to here?

Well, here it goes
How does one say
That they’re in love with their best friend?
Oh, did I just say that?
There it is
There’s my truth

Do you hate me now?
Are you repulsed?

I’m too afraid to tell you in person
Or even over the phone
So I wrote it down instead
I just want you to know that
I will always be there for you
No matter what

Pretend I never told you
Are things awkward and unpleasant yet?
I’m sorry
Delete this from your memory

Can we go back to how we were before?
To being happy?
To being carefree?

You bring me happiness and joy
Do I bring you happiness?

I just thought you should know
So, lay it on me
The rejection, the let down

Delete
Delete
Rewind


Goodbye



~Rio 

No comments:

Post a Comment