Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dying

"If I died... Would you miss me?" 


I remember asking you that question and you said you would... Did you wanna test out that question? If I died tonight... Would you miss me? I remember all the good times that we used to have... I remember laughing and talking about whatever it is we used to talk about. I asked you the same question again and you never gave me a answer... You just blew me off... You say I'm your best friend... But I'm starting to doubt it now...

"Do you think we'll be best friends forever?" 


I asked you this and you said we would. Now you're just self absorbed. Here's how I see this playing out:

The rain is falling, drenching you in it's watery prison. Few are gathered around the coffin that now holds your dear friend. I see the sadness on your face and wonder if it's genuine. I wish that I could have stuck around longer, but I guess it never really mattered to you because you had something else going on. I felt like we were drifting apart and I guess that I was right. I don't even know who you are anymore... If I even knew in the first place. I gave and I gave and you didn't give me anything else in return.

But now I'm gone and what can you do now? Nothing, I suppose. You could go back to doing what it was before and keep ignoring your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment