Monday, January 11, 2016

The Death of David Bowie

Hey all,

To be completely honest, I don't know what's compelling me to do this blog. David Bowie died last night from cancer at the age of 69. Personally, I did not like Bowie or his music; he's not for everybody and I was one of those people. I posted on my Facebook page: "Yes, David Bowie died. How sad." and left it at that. However, a lot of musicians idolized him as did other people. Somebody posted in my comments below, asking me to be more "Sensitive to other people who liked David Bowie."

What?

Okay, I'm sorry. If you don't like what I have to say, then don't be friends with me. Plain and simple, right? I don't feel like I should have the need to sensor anything I say on MY Facebook status. His death is ALL OVER FACEBOOK. Yes, I understand that David Bowie was really famous and this and that, but to have so many "normal" people mourn him? I mean, did you know the man personally? How has he helped you? Have you met him before?

Why are people mourning the man if they've never even met him? Have you followed his career and are obsessed? If so, to each their own, but to just follow his music and then when he dies? To say that you're "Seriously mourning and trying not to cry"? That's just a little bit pathetic. Honestly. If Anthony Hopkins died (I freakin' LOVE the man. He'll always be Hannibal Lecter to me. Always), sure, I'd be sad for a few minutes, and then I'd be over it.

I don't understand why people feel the need to mourn somebody they never met, and so hard, too. I mean, people are pretty much over Lemmy's death (Lead singer for Motorhead), and yet, David Bowie remains constantly in my newsfeed. Honestly. Get over it. The man is dead. Move on with your life!

Sorry... I just had to get that off my chest because I find it to be utterly ridiculous that people are being this obsessive over the man. Sigh.

More to come, later, hopefully. If school doesn't kill me first.

Laters,
~Rio

No comments:

Post a Comment