Monday, February 21, 2011

Hurt

Hurt
“I hurt myself today/ Too see if I still feel/ I focus on the pain” – Hurt, Johnny Cash

The silence is deafening
As stare at these four white walls
In hopes of finding joy

My body is empty
My mind… Is numb
I cannot feel joy

The only thing I feel is pain
As I slide the knife down my wrist
In hopes in finding some relief
Nothing comes… Just… Numb

How many times have I let you down?
How many times have I hurt you?
I try to rid of the pain
But I remember it all

I remember your teary eyes
As I tell you to go away
My words are harsh, I know
Everyone I know goes away

I hurt myself today
The knife gripped tight in my hand
As I watch the crimson covers the blade
I wish that I didn’t have to do this


I wish you were here with me
In this thing we call life
But you aren’t

I wish you could join me
In this sweet oblivion
I will make you hurt
I will make you cry
I will… Make you bleed

I will find a way
To have you join me
But until then
I’ll sit in the middle of my floor
Staring at these four white walls

Hurting.





No comments:

Post a Comment