Friday, February 11, 2011

Mark.

How do you say goodbye
To the person that loves you?
How do you get past that?
How do you get past them?
After all they've done for you...

And this is how you treat him...

Hurting him over and over again..
Testing his limits each time
Until he finally snaps
Packing up my stuff
Telling me to leave
He never wants to see me again.

Mark, c'mon! Please!
No! Get the hell out!
Baby... Please!
GET OUT!


I left the ranch that night..
Sad and angry at myself.
I could go anywhere
But all I want his for him to hold me...
But I guess I threw that all away
For some other guy

I went home that night
Went into my dads office
As he looked up
Tears slowly made their way down my face
As he asked me whats wrong

Mark packed my shit and kicked me out.
Want me to go kick his ass?
No... Would it be worth it?
Why did he kick you out?
I was unfaithful-- Again.

Dean said it was bound to happen sooner or later
Said he wanted me to find out for myself
Well, big brother, looks like I found out
I guess I found out sooner... Then later...

It's nobodies fault but myself...
My nerves are frazzled..
My mind is in a whirlwind.
My heart continues to beat on.

You want a what?
I want a divorce
For what?!
Because you're a no good cheater.
Mark... Please...
No. I'm not forgiving you this time, Sam.

He still must have been angry..
Hurt and pain read in his eyes
It's all because of me...

I sit with my back against the headboard of my bed
I know it's foolish of me to do this
Even if I was unfaithful...
Still gave me no right...

I guess I brought it upon myself...
Nobodies fault but mine
The knife lays in my lap
Ready to go...

I re-read the note I left for him...
If he even cares...

Mark...

I can't tell you how sorry I am for being unfaithful-- again. I guess I was pushing your limits each and every time I went to some other guy... I don't blame you... Not at all... I pushed you too far and you packed my bags, screaming at me as you demanded for a divorce... The papers are on your desk, I already signed them. They're just waiting your signature. So much for 'Always and Forever' huh? Tell the kids mom won't be there to help them anymore... That I love them...

I'll always love you, Mark... No matter what. I'll still consider you a close friend. I'll tell Eddie you say Hey.

Love,
Sam.

I set the note on my nightstand
As I killed myself
Leaning back on the headboard
I finally smiled
Tears dripping from my closed eyes.

It's not goodbye I always used to say. It's just saying "Until I see you next time"

No comments:

Post a Comment