Friday, November 26, 2010

Best Friends

"The sinking feeling of being a bad friend continues to plauge me. You needed me the most and I was too busy to listen. I'm not asking for a second chance because I don't deserve it. I just want you to know that I'm sorry for being a shitty best friend."

We met in the 3rd and 4th grade. I was shy and soft spoken, you, were loud and brave. We clicked and became best friends. Time flew by as we became stronger and protected one another. Always by each others side, laughing, crying... You can't take that all away.

Never getting into any major fights because we couldn't... 

Things were perfect until that Summer of 2009. I said I'd never leave your side and yet I did. We grew closer apart rather than closer together. The whole time I was moving, I regreted every move I made, every breath I drew. I'd be leaving everything I'd loved. Everything I knew. I'd be leaving you.

I didn't mean to cause you any pain. God...if I could take it all back, I would. In a heartbeat. I wanna be as close as we were. Time goes on and we grow up...but why can't we just grow up together, like we always had?

I'm sorry... I know I don't have any room to talk, but I really am sorry...I just want you to forgive me and we go back to the way things were...even if we can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment