Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Nightmares/Betrayal

Every smile
Every laugh
Every kiss
Every hug
Every touch
Every word
Every moment
Every minute
Every hour
Every second
Every millisecond

Was it all a lie?

You've spun your web
You've strung me along
Your the master
I'm your puppet

You move me to the beat of your rhythm
Never once caring about me

Every 'I love you'
Every 'I hate you'
Every 'I need you'
Every 'Thank you'
Every 'Help me'
Every 'Why'

Why do you do this to me?

You cut the strings
As I lay helpless
My eyes are like glass
Only reflecting my pain
My movements are still
My limbs like cement

Nightmares continue to plague me
Every night
I'm afraid to open my eyes
In fear that you'll be standing over me

I'm afraid to go to sleep
Do I dare to dream a helpless dream?
Do I dare succumb to the sandman?
Can't anything save me from you?

Why are you taunting me?
Why are you plaguing me?
What did I do to you?

Won't you release me from your hellish grip?

I want to dream a dream...
I want to have a peaceful sleep...

I don't want to get up at 3 in the morning
Staying awake
Afraid of closing my eyes
When I'm asleep...
Afraid to open my eyes...

My heart...
Beats a little faster
My hands
Shake a little faster
My eyes
Cry a little harder
My voice
becomes a little softer
My whim
Becomes nothing but a shred
My hope
Becomes a dream
My dreams
Become a fantasy
My nightmares
Are scaring the living holy shit outta me

I'll stay awake at night
Wishing for no nightmares to plague me
Until then

May the sandman not find me tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment