Sunday, November 7, 2010

Snow Blues

Twinkling lights of blues and reds
Add in some yellows and greens
The tree all jazzed up
With presents underneath
Family all around
Laughing and joking around
When I go to look outside
To my greatest disappointment
There is no snow
The cold but beautiful flakes
Aren’t around this year
They were absent last year
I can’t make Frosty the Snowman
I can’t make Snow Angels
I can’t throw snow balls at anybody
It’s not Christmas without snow
No matter how hard I wish
No matter how hard I plead and beg
I still don’t get my snow
I miss my friends
I miss jumping into snow banks
Miss the way the Christmas lights
Would illuminate the snow
Just walking in the slush
Having the coldness hit my face
Or the way the coldness would fog my glasses
Makes it all worth it
My one Christmas wish this year
Is to have my snow back

No comments:

Post a Comment