Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dream.

Ugh. My back kinda hurts... Getting my hair done tomorrow...

My mom's a fucking bitch.

I had a pretty weird dream when I was napping:

I was going to school, like any other normal day. Only today, wasn't a normal day. I got up at my usual time-- 5:15am. I showered and dressed, I grabbed my laptop, journals and a couple of books and I put them all in my GLEE bag. I headed out into the living room to find it all dark, meaning nobody was up. I slipped on my shoes and I headed out towards the bus.

After school, my friend's boyfriend David was there. My friend Lyzz and I headed out towards his car. We slipped in as he started driving. "Could you drop me off at the Greyhound station?" I suddenly asked. They both looked at me, surprise filtering through their eyes. "Why?" David asked. I chewed on my bottom lip and looked out the window before back at them. "I'm... I need a break from this place...Please, guys?" I asked them. He nodded as we drove off towards the station.

We arrived as I grabbed my duffel bag out of his trunk. I hugged both of them and thanked them, I headed to the ticket booth and waited in line. It was my turn as I looked behind me, nobody was behind me. I looked back at the person and bit my lip again. "I need a ticket to Cameron, North Carolina, please."  The lady looked at me, rang up my ticket and I gave her the money. I looked at the time and realized I'd be leaving soon. I thanked her and headed back towards Lyzz and David. "Don't tell anybody... Please, guys..." I practically begged them. They glanced at each other before back at me. "We won't, Samwise." David said. 

The bus was starting to load as I hugged them one last time. I headed off towards the bus and gave the driver my duffle, I customized it so I would know which one was mine. I got on the bus, GLEE back still on my side as I looked around. I sat in the middle as the bus started loading. Once it finished, it pulled out as we were on our way. I put in my earbuds and turned on some music.

A few days later found me in the midwest. I breathed in that familiar Minnesota air as I stretched my back and legs. I found another 'Run Away' like me. She was 17 also, She's acually from Portland, Oregon. We got to chatting as she said that this was her stop. We shook hands as I got back on the bus as it pulled away. There were less people on the bus as I sat in my spot, looking out the window, like so many days before. "Ain't you a little young, t'be runnin' away?" I heard from behind me. I turned and glanced. It was an old Southern lady with white hair with kind eyes and a kind smile. "Nah...I'm not 'sacally runnin' away, Ms..." She smiled. "Why, you ain't more than... 17? Why are you runnin' away?" I shrugged. "I need t'get away from the town and the people I was livin' in..." She nodded. Turns out she's from Cameron, a grandmother to be exact.

We got to talking and I found out, that, no shit, she was Matt and Jeff Hardy's grandmother. HOLY SHIT! I thought. We arrived in Cameron a few days later as we both got off the bus as I looked around. I got my duffel and smiled at her. "Now don't you forget to stop by, Sam." She said. I nodded as I started walking away. "Where you stayin', while you're here?" She asked me as I shrugged. "I dunno, ma'am... Honestly..." She hummed. "I'm sure we'll see each other again, I mean...After all, Cameron's a small town..." I mentioned as she laughed softly. I turned and continued walking. 

I managed to snag a motel room. I quickly showered and dried off. I looked at my phone, the battery was out. I was comtenplating on calling Lyzz...Telling her I made it all the way to North fucking Carolina, but I thought against it. If my mom called the cops, they might trace the call...I shook my head and got dressed. I grabbed my GLEE bag, I put my lap top into my duffel as I left my room. I locked it and put the key into my bag. I headed down and started walking. I found this small diner place as I walked in. In the corner, I found the lady from the bus, along with Matt and Jeff. There was only one table left, and that was next to them. I made my way over and sat. The lady noticed me and smiled. "This is sudden!" She said. Both brothers looked over at me, eyebrow raised. "Boys, this is Sam..." I offered a shy smile as they introduced themselves. The waitress came over as I ordered a milkshake and fries.

"Where're you from, Sam?" Matt asked me. I glanced up from my writing. "Vancouver, Washington..." His eyes widened slightly. "That far? What're you doin' all the way out here?" I shrugged slightly. "Like I told your grandmother...I needed a break from everythin'" I said, voice quiet. My food came as I slowly munched on it. I was tired. I was hungry. I didn't have any friends out here... But, if this is what being alone is, then I'd be more than willing to pay the price. "You like writing?" Jeff asked, I shook out my hand as I nodded. "Yeah... I do..." I looked down in my journal as I realized it was more than nearly full. I kept writing in it over the past few days on the bus.

I don't know if I'll ever go home... I had only placed one night at the motel. "Where are you stayin?" Their grandmother asked me. "The motel...Just for tonight..." I answered, voice quiet. I quickly finished my food and shake and paid for it. I quickly left as Matt quickly caught up to me. "Hey... Why don't you stay with us? I mean... If you want." I looked at him and nodded. He gave me the address to his place as I thanked him.

Another sleepless night found me with my stuff, waiting for Matt. I was just about to make another night when he pulled up. He got out and put my stuff in the trunk, but my bag stayed by me. We both got in as he drove off. This was one hella nice car, I smiled to myself and looked out the window. We arrived at his place as I found Jeff and Shannon, with Kimo outside. Beth was there too. We both got out, I slung my duffel on my shoulder and followed. I walked past with my head down, hair covering my face as he showed me the guest room. I put my stuff there and joined him back downstairs. Introductions were made as I sat on the wooden stairs and lit up a smoke.

The sun went down as I watched the bon fire, getting lost in myself. I felt someone touching my hair as I jerked back, I looked up at Beth, who smiled at me. I offered a small smile in return as Jeff sat next to me. "You have a pretty face... Don't cover it by your hair..." Beth said as I shrugged slightly. "Why're you all the way out here? The real reason." Jeff asked me. I looked at him, before looking back at the fire. "Honestly... I really did need to get away... But now... I'm scared, I'm alone... But if that's the price of actually being alone, then I'll pay it... I was always alone, even in my group of friends... I always feel out of place... Like I don't ever belong...Maybe I'm trying to find myself... Or maybe I'm just running for nothing..." I stated. I smoked on my cigarette.

A few days later, I went to the pay phone and I put in mom's number. Her voice answered. "Hello?" I stayed quiet. I had been gone for a little over a month, meaning it was February now. "Hello?" she asked again. "Mom..." I said, my voice quiet. "Samantha?" She asked me, voice, shocked. "It's me..." I said. "Where are you?!" She asked me, I could hear Tom in the background. I heard Grandma too. "I-I can't tell you...Mom...I'm sorry...For everything..." I said, my voice trembling slightly. "I don't know if I'll ever return. I'm sorry for all the trouble I gave you... But I'm almost 18..." She started protesting. "I'm sorry I caused you any pain, grief or worry..." Then, I hung up. Tears went down my face as I punched the wall next to the phone.

I then called Lyzz. I heard David and Steve in the background, making me smile. "Hey, DD." I said. I heard everything go quiet. "Samwise?" She asked. I laughed softly. "Yeah...It's me..." "Where are you?" She asked. I knew she had me on speaker. "Cameron...North Carolina." I said. "Holy shit..." I heard Steve curse. David whistled. "How have things been?" I asked. "Well... Your mama came and asked us where you were, but we told her we didn't know... She called the cops, man... They stopped searching when she called off the search..." She stated as I nodded. "I just called her...She sounded like shit... My grandmother is there..." I sighed softly. "I don't know if I'm coming back..." I stated, voice quiet. 

Just then, I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment