Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Its hard to say goodbye to yesterday

It’s hard to say goodbye to yesterday
Samwise


                I kept telling myself that I always knew the risks… I didn’t expect to fall completely in love with him… No… I didn’t… I stare off into space, wondering, thinking, pondering… if’s, ands, buts, when, where’s, how’s, whys… They’re all running around in my head. I always knew that it would happen later… I didn’t expect it to happen this soon… No… The bed is cold on his side… The house…feels empty… I can smell him… See him… Feel his arms around me still…
                His funeral was held on a Friday, her favorite day of the week… The wind blew her hair softly, playing with it as tears ran down her face. She was dressed in his blue bandana and Big Evil shirt with his necklace on.
How do I say goodbye to what we had?
The good times that made us laugh
Outweigh the bad
.
                It was his favorite blue bandana… The one he always wore… I watched as they lowered his coffin into the ground, slowly, it started to disappear. She bit her lip in attempt to keep the sob back, but she let out a small whimper as she leaned into Randy’s arms, imagining they were Mark’s.
I thought we'd get to see forever
But forever's gone away
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday
                They promised Always and Forever…but it didn’t turn out that way. Slowly, the pack started to disappear, leaving her alone as she knelt in front of his grave, the tears coming faster now, voice full of tears. “W-we promised forever, baby…” she started, her shoulders quivering with the sobs she’s trying to hold back. “I never expected this day to come so soon… I need you with m-me…” she sniffled, arms wrapping around her.
If we get to see tomorrow
I hope it's worth all the wait
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday
.
                “I can remember the first time we made love… it was slow… romantic… You told me how much you loved me… Promised me forever and always…” she said, the breeze floating over her, offering her no comfort in the December coldness. “Or that time I put pink hair dye in your shampoo…” she started, sniffling. “I miss you, baby… Please…Please…”
And I'll take with me the memories
To be my sunshine after the rain
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.
                She leaned over and kissed the cold marble of his grave, sobbing harder. She rested her tired, aching body against the side and rested. Tears still slipping out of her eyes, her voice soft; “I love you, baby…” She looked at his tomb, tracing the letters.
Mark Calaway
1965-2010
Husband, Father, Friend
Rest in Peace

                Randy and Hunter found her body the next day, a soft smile playing on her lips as they found a note on her lap.
I’ve got her now…we’re both happy.
Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment